Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The One


This week was pretty rough, we tracted (went door to door) all week, and it
was exhausting and no one let us in. But that's ok, because we've weeded
out who's not interested, right?! We had stake conference on Halloween
night so that was pretty great. If we didn't have a ward or stake
function that night we had to be in our apartments by 6, so I'm glad
we could see other missionaries and President Johnson and his wife
that night. They had a really great topic on finding the one! I loved
how they talked about  how the one doesn't only mean the one
investigator, or one less-active. They talked about how we need to
help and strengthen those around us! That's one thing that my
companion and I have been focusing on lately--serving others. 

Fall!!!


This quote by Elder Holland has given me so much comfort:
"Anyone who does any kind of missionary work will have occasion to
ask, Why is this so hard? Why can’t our success be more rapid? Why
aren’t there more people joining the Church? Why isn’t the only risk
in missionary work that of pneumonia from being soaking wet all day
and all night in the baptismal font?
I have thought about this a great deal. I offer this as my personal
feeling. I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because
salvation is not a cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are
The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great
Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was
never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission
leaders have to spend at least a few moments in Gethsemane.
Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least a step or two
toward the summit of Calvary."





I know this is true. It is hard to be a missionary, but as Elder
Holland says, it's hard for a good reason. I know that as we
faithfully do all that we can to help the work of the Lord move
forward we will be lifted in our afflictions and trials. I know that
the Church is true. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love to
testify of the incredible joy this knowledge has been in my life.
There is a great work to be done and I'm grateful I get to be a part
of it!

Love and prayers always

Sister Douglas

Mom's note: LOOK HOW CUTE SHE IS??

We went to Harmony today and it was fun! It's the Harmony that
was settled by a German harmony singing group! So cool!







No comments:

Post a Comment