Wednesday, December 30, 2015

CHRISTMAS WEEK

Mom's note: Look! It's us! Raquel took a screen shot of us during our Christmas Facetime. Notice Alli's pic is on point. My generation struggles with selfies. 

Christmas Eve we went to a member's house and helped them build a little
Nativity set for the nativity that they put together every year. The
Lymans are seriously amazing! They remind me so much of the Nicholson
family (her aunt, uncle and cousins family) and it was a lot of fun to help them 
that morning. We then went caroling at the nursing home that's close by 
and were able to talk to some of the residents. It was just so amazing to see 
them light up when we talked and sang to them. After that, we went to our 
recent convert's, the Slovak's for their open house. They were so sweet and
generous to invite the whole ward over! They really wanted to give back for all
that the ward members have done for them since they were baptized!
For Christmas Eve dinner we went to the Kemp's-- it was pretty crazy,
but really fun! We ended the night at the Lyman's and saw their little
nativity. It was so cute!
The stable the missionaries helped build for a family in their ward.

Christmas Morning!
Christmas day we got to sleep in a bit, which was sooo nice! One of
the best Christmas presents a mission president could ever give a
missionary! We then opened presents which was a blast! After that we
got ready and went to the bishop's house to face time our families!!! It was
AMAZING to see and talk to them! That was definitely the highlight of
Christmas for me:) I just love my family so much! I'm so blessed to
have so much support from home! When we finished there we went home
and made a poster for the Elders for Christmas and went to an early
dinner at the Erler's! Sister Erler has been through a lot this year
and it was a big deal to have all five of us missionaries over, plus
her family! She made SO much food, and we pigged out! Then we went and
visited a few families in the ward and played games with them! 

This whole month leading up to Christmas has just been so amazing! As I've
really focused my thoughts on the Savior I've felt my relationship
with Him grow. I think of that simple moment in time that changed the
world, and I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have of a living Savior
who loves me and each of His children!. I hope you all had an amazing
Christmas and were able to reflect on Christ's birth and what that
means to you!

Love you all! Stay warm:)

💕LOVE Sister Douglas

Guess who came to visit!!!!? The HANDLEY's!
seriously just love this cute family!!!

De-stressing with the masks Mom put in their stockings. Transfers happened this week! More info in next week's blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment